Have you ever watched people at a concert? There in the front few row stands those guys and gals bouncing around singing loudly along. They don’t care if they may look alittle out there or that they may be too old or too loud, their incentive is the entire full bodied experience of the music. Doesn’t it always seems that those people are the ones being sung to by the hot lead singer and are usually spotted by music video cameras?
Risk takers take on risk by keeping their incentive in their mind’s eyes at all times. They can actually imagine themselves making money sitting their new big office. They drive down the highway feeling the leather in their $100,000 car. The risk taker feels the pride and celebration of future success before they have it. It is not unusual to fnd these risk takers putting visual reminders on their cell phones, on their desks and constantly talking about their goals with friends. Risk takers are excited and have faith in the yet to be seen.
|We are all afraid of risks and the unknown. Someone of us just need to search deep for that drive of pioneering heart that goes out and blazes a trail for the thrill of it. Many people assume that entrepreneurs are risk-takers because they have cut the amblical cord to Corporate America but are they? Yes, it takes courage and incentive to go it alone but once working at their business we they continue to take risks and grow? Funny, some may take risks but of the calculated type with safety nets stretched out at all times underneath them.
I once read that entrepreneurs do not first spot risk, they see opportunities. Little steps to help you step out of your comfort zone and begin the process of becoming a risk taker:
1) Take a different way home today and keep your eyes open for opportunity.
2) Step out of your comfort zone by going to places where the big boys and girls hang out. Find restaurants in metropolitan cities for happy hour or dinner and start to mingle!
3) Change at least one thing about your marketing campaign that seems slightly crazy and run with it.
4) Set out to meet at least 3 people from different industries.
5) Revisit your “If I only” list and pick one or two to accomplish.
6) Talk yourself into more things.
7) Eat or drink something differenet and unusual.
8) As changes begin to occur, congratulate yourself for taking a risk and then reward yourself.
9) Talk your yourself positively each day for at least 1/2 hour.
10) Read something new and expand your mind on the subject
Help others find their risk take, it will help motivate you to find your inner risk taker.